What is NOT included in a standard build to lock up home?
When choosing to build to lock up, there are many items that you have already decided that you want to finish yourself.
Following is a list of items that you would normally complete in a build to lock up home, this is an indicative list and may vary in individual contracts: –
- if plumbing is not included in your contract (you would engage your own licensed plumber for this work as the work they are doing extends past the lock up stage)
We can offer plumbing as an additional option to lock-up where you would engage your own licensed plumber to install the fixtures and fit off> You may also wish to engage the contractor that had completed the works to lockup stage.
- if electrical is not included in your contract (you would engage your own licensed electrician for this work as the work they are doing extends past the lockup stage)
We can offer electrical as an additional option to lock up stage and after your own licensed electrician to fit off. You may also wish to engage the contractor that had completed the works to lock up stage.
- Appliances including hot water system, oven, hot plate, range hood spa pumps etc.
- External render (if applicable) along with any feature rendered or aerated concrete bands and sills etc.
- Painting both internal and external
- Carpentry – e.g. all internal doors, all internal and external mouldings and trims, shelving, hanging rails, towel rails and roll holders, door seals, door furniture etc.
- Tiling including all related water proofing requirements, screeding, hobs etc.
- Stormwater disposal
- Landscaping including any paving
- Driveway or Crossover
- Hardstand (floor) to garage
- Sectional or roller doors to garage
- All final cleans (we will carry out basic cleans or supply bins for the removal of the building rubble related to the work we complete)
- Generally all finishing items and final fit out
Central Avenue Homes have been building custom designed homes since 1998 and homes to lock up since 2004. Building to lockup is not a new process for us, we have built single storey, double storey, 3 story and multi unit developments to both completion and lockup homes from Bunbury to Butler.
No block size or shape is too difficult for us to work with and we offer services for all budgets.