Central Avenue Homes have been building custom designed homes in Perth and surrounding areas for over 20 years including West Swan.
The Australian dream of owning a large home with a huge backyard is shrinking. Average block size in Perth has steadily decreased since 2008 because developers are increasing the amount of land released in each block. In June 2015 average block size was 411 square metres.
As well as developers continuing to release smaller blocks of land, Mum’s and Dad’s are subdividing the rear of their blocks. Unfortunately a lot of backyard developers don’t get proper advice and a lot of the works are not done correctly.
Home designs to suit difficult and narrow lots are now becoming the norm.
When choosing Central Avenue Homes to design and build your home, you will get an innovative design to suit your lifestyle and budget without compromising your dreams.
Each site is assessed individually for provisional sum items including earthworks.
The builder will visit each site and assess it individually, for all provisional sum items, as no block is the same.
Our designer focuses on the following when working on your home design
- Orientation, for example, are the windows and outdoor area facing the right way.
- Potential views, for example, we take into account any possible views.
- Surrounding environment, for example, are there trees close by, does the wind come from a particular direction.
- Individual design, for example, do you need special areas for example a gym, or a scullery.
- Functionality, for example, does your kitchen work well, do you have young children that need to be close to your bedroom.
- Cross ventilation and, for example, if you open a door and a window, will the breeze flow through.
- Capturing natural light, for example, are the windows and glass doors facing the right way for morning sun.
- Making the most advantage of the features of your block, for example, is your outdoor living area facing the hot afternoon sun.
- Research for any local planning conditions and R code implications, for example, some shires have very specific guidelines on overlooking.
Taking advantage of natural light
Even if your home is built on a narrow lot, the inside of your home doesn’t have to feel small, dark and cramped. Central Avenue Homes will pay particular attention by taking advantage of natural light. We make sure the living spaces will feel open and connected with the outdoor spaces. Single storey homes with high or recessed ceilings give living areas a greater sense of spaciousness. Skylights allow natural light to enter the home in areas where there are no windows or glass doors.
Creating a site responsive design
Central Avenue Homes will make sure that the slope of your block, the way it faces and surroundings are all considered when designing and pricing your new home.
Cross ventilation and natural light will make your home more comfortable in the areas that need it most. As housing density increases, it is important to consider neighbouring properties and the impact on our living areas. We need to be more creative with smaller building areas.
Central Avenue Homes has the team that can provide you with a custom designed home to enhance your lot’s potential.
Change the way you think about your home design
In the past, home buyers wanted large four bedroom homes with and formal areas that could be closed off. Open plan living increased in popularity and kitchens, meals, living and dining areas now combined. A major issue with large open plan living is the cost and practicality of heating and cooling these homes.
Central Avenue Homes’ office is located in the industrial area of Yangebup which is approximately 52.2km’s and a 43 minute drive from West Swan
Posted by Lee Grainger