Why you should consider building with a small custom design builder?
There is never a one size fits all, whether it be cars, food, furniture, lifestyles and of course the homes we live in.
There are so many variables to consider when thinking about who to build your new home and I am going to try to cover just a view of the reasons you may want to think about coming to a small custom DESIGN builder like Central Avenue Homes.
First and foremost, when you come to Central Avenue Homes, you will be dealing direct with the builder or the designer and often both at once. While we do work with a few independent brokers from time to time we do not have sales consultants. While there are definitely some very knowledgeable sales consultants in the new homes industry, there are probably none that have the knowledge that our builder of over 35 years and designer of over 10 years have.
Your budget is probably the next most important item; if you have an extremely limited budget, while it pains me to say, you may be best talking with one of the high volume project builders of which there are many in Perth as they have systems set up to minimise costs such as a suite of standard designs, a very high jobs to supervisor ratio and streamlined processes to push you through the pre-start selection process.
At Central Avenue Homes we firstly try to establish if your budget is realistic in relation to what your expectations and dreams are by listening to what you are looking for in a new home and being open and honest with you as to whether we think we can achieve that for you.
If we think we can, we start on the design process that involves a visit to your site by the builder to establish the likely site related costs (e.g. earthworks, service runs, stormwater disposal etc), we then work with you to establish a preliminary design brief e.g. how many bedrooms, bathrooms, special living areas, do you want a balcony, do you need a workshop etc – it is all about how you think you want to enjoy your new home.
We will then set about creating a very preliminary sketch to present to you based on your budget, the site costs and your design brief, primarily to see if we have grasped what you are looking for before we put more detail on to the sketch. At this stage you can discuss changes so we get the presentation sketch as close as possible to what you are looking for.
We may have to carry out a couple of alterations to the sketch along the way but this is all about working closely with you to get to your new design.
When the custom design is where you want it we then move to pricing the home. During the sketch process we will have been talking with you about your specifications, we now use that information along with the finished design to establish a firm price or quotation.
All of this work is done at no cost to you – we want you to be able to talk to us without feeling any obligation and we are confident that we can achieve a design inside your budget and have a pretty good shot at winning you as a client.
At this stage you have been working with the designer and builder, if you decide to build with us you would then work with our contracts administrator (otherwise known as the builder’s wife) who has been helping our clients through the pre-start selection and documentation process for nearly 20 years.
Then when we go to site, the construction of your home will be managed by our only supervisor (under the strict guidance of the builder) – it is not a lottery as to who may be building your home, we are a small company and everyone will know who you are, and what stage your job is at any time.
At Central Avenue Homes we :
- We have low overheads and we are a member of Wesbuilders (builders buying cooperative) so can still remain very competitive.
- We offer a very high level of expertise, initially at no charge, and right through the entire process.
- You will be dealing direct with the designer and builder through the design process.
- We have extremely long standing relationships with most of our suppliers and many of our trades so we know who will be building your home.
- We only have one supervisor (a qualified UK bricklayer by trade) and he only manages a few homes at one time under the direct guidance of the builder, unfortunately many of the project builder’s load their supervisors with as many as 40 homes at one time!
- We can provide custom design and build service for almost any budget, single, double, triple storey homes, rear strata, narrow lots and multi unit sites.
Posted by Greg Grainger
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, then Central Avenue Homes is the builder for you.
- Are you tired of trekking through Display Homes all over Perth and checking out lots of web sites?
- Have you already bought your block of land, can’t find a house design to fit your block?
- Are you worried about buying that block in case you can’t find a design to fit?
- Are you just about ready to give up on finding the right house for you?
- Do you want to deal with someone who knows what they are doing and tells you the truth?
- Are you looking for a builder who builds custom designed homes to suit your budget?
- Do you want a builder with a small team who will guide you through the whole process from initial design to the handover of your new home.
No block size or shape is too difficult for us to work with and we offer services for all budgets.
#narrowlothomes, #designandbuild, #narrowblockhomes, #customhomebuilders, #customhomedesigns, #custombuilthomes, #demolishandbuild, #inhousedesigner, #longdriveway, #housebehindahouse, #housebehindhouse, #perthhomebuilders, #customhomes, #customdesignedhomes, #narrowlothomes, #demolishandbuild, #stratalot, #unitdevelopment,#small&difficultblock, #slopedblocks, #awkwardblocks, #budget, #slopingsite, #battleaxeblock, #turnkey, #Yangebup #bentley, #cottagelots, #cottagesites, #cottage